Following a comprehensive analysis of the global market for integrated workplace management systems (IWMS), IBM TRIRIGA was positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems”¹ by Gartner Inc.
Gartner reviewed detailed questionnaires and completed one-on-one interviews with 13 IWMS vendors, along with 45 customer reference, to produce its report.
According to Gartner, Leaders “have strength in applications and platform technology, demonstrate a high level of quality in product reliability and service, have strong operational and organizational capabilities and financial stability, have global reach and offer a strong vision of customer needs, reflected in a robust development road map.”
In its 2014 report, Gartner advises that organizations are challenged to “find flexible, innovative ways to match the fluid needs of this evolving workforce with the available space and physical assets.” Consistent with a recent IBM white paper on the changing workforce and its impact on the workplace, workplace executives must come up with ways to address the shrinking workforce and growing oversupply of office space. They must work to improve facilities utilization.
According to Gartner, an effective IWMS system delivers five core “integrated” capabilities — real estate management, construction project management, facilities space management, maintenance management, and environmental sustainability — which it says “ideally operates off of a single database with common user interface (UI), workflow tools, executive dashboards and robust predefined and customized reporting capabilities.”
IBM TRIRIGA®, the latest version of IBM’s award-winning software, delivers a full suite of robust yet simple-to-use IWMS business and performance management applications including strategic facility planning, workplace resource scheduling, lease accounting and environmental sustainability for mid-sized to large organizations, on a single technology platform and data repository with common user interface, workflow tools, process-based executive portals and pre-built reporting capabilities.
This suite provides all of the five core application areas outlined in the 2014 Gartner IWMS report and more:
- IBM TRIRIGA Real Estate Management Software: Real estate management software to accelerate preparedness with the new lease accounting standard and reduce occupancy costs.
- IBM TRIRIGA Capital Project Management Software: Enterprise project management software to improve capital project planning and accelerate project schedules.
- IBM TRIRIGA Facility Management Software: Facilities management software to improve space planning and increase facility utilization.
- IBM TRIRIGA Facility Maintenance Software: Facilities maintenance software to improve energy efficiency and reduce the cost of maintenance services.
- IBM TRIRIGA Environmental and Energy Management Software: Award-winning environmental sustainability software to help organizations achieve their environmental and energy reduction goals.
- IBM TRIRIGA Application Builder: A suite of web-based, design-time components to build customer-specific configurations without changes to source code.
- IBM TRIRIGA Connector for Business Applications: An industry standard XML-based integration software product to streamline information exchange between IBM TRIRIGA and third-party systems.
Click the link to receive your complimentary copy of the Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems” for 2014
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems” by Rob Schafer, June 26, 2014
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2014 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant.
The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About IBM Smarter Buildings
Since launching its smarter buildings initiative in February 2010, IBM has created a portfolio of smarter buildings solutions that integrate with building automation software from across the industry.
IBM TRIRIGA — an IBM Smarter Buildings solution — delivers the industry’s most advanced capabilities such as configurable workflow and performance analytics engines to reduce operating costs, increase return on assets and achieve sustainability goals for mid- and large-sized commercial and public enterprises, including more than one-third of the Fortune 100.
For more information, visit ibm.com/smarterbuildings.