RALEIGH, N.C. – October 30, 2012 – FM:Systems, a leading provider of integrated workplace management systems (IWMS) and computer-aided facility management (CAFM) software, today announced the upcoming release of Version 8.2 of itsWeb-based FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite.
FM:Interact 8.2 offers a compelling set of new tools for facilities professionals helping them to better plan, optimize and manage their facilities.
FM:Interact 8.2 provides FM:Systems customers with an opportunity to access several new capabilities including powerful new features specifically built for space and occupancy scenario planning, a new add-on module that extends the power of FM:Interact into the field on mobile platforms such as on Apple® iPad® and iPhone® devices as well as enhancements to existing FM:Interact capabilities.
The new product will be featured at World Workplace, Booth # 651 on October 31 – November 2 in San Antonio, TX.
“This is one of our most exciting product launches to date,” said Michael Schley, founder and CEO for FM:Systems. “As always, we have listened to our customers and the industry and have developed a solution that will allow them to proactively plan for and manage their space.
In addition, we have also added support for Alternative Officing which can help our customers adapt to modern workplace requirements enabled by mobile technologies and a highly dynamic workforce. These new additions are just another example of how FM:Systems helps our customers continue to be at the cutting-edge of facility planning.”
New capabilities include:
- Scenario Planning:
The FM:Interact 8.2 Strategic Planning module now has scenario planning capabilities which allow users to proactively plan for and manage change intheir physical space inventory. The Scenario Planning features enable space planners to evaluate multiple planning scenarios with interactive stacking and blocking tools including expansions, reorganizations, consolidations, reconfigurations and unexpected events such as environmental disasters.
- FM:Mobile: Extends the power of FM:Interact into the field with support for floor plan viewing and work orders, and provides security-based access that can allow authorized users to edit FM:Interact data views on Apple® iPad® and iPhone® devices.
In addition to the new modules and capabilities introduced in FM:interact 8.2, several additional enhancements have been added including:
- Support for Alternative Officing: Many modern organizations are adopting new approaches to workplace planning thathave been enabled by mobile technologies and a highly dynamic workforce. These new approaches include flexible workspace, the ability to quickly support cross functional teams, more ad-hoc and collaborative areas, and support for Activity Based Workplaces (ABW) that break away from the practice of assigning one workstation per employee. To address these changes, FM:Interact 8.2 introduces alternative officing capabilities to the FM:Interact Space Management Module.
- BOMA Area Calculations: Allows flexiblesupport for classifying space by BOMA 1990, 1996, 2010A and 2010B standards for area calculation methods, including the ability to specify different methods for different buildings.
- New Floor Plan Viewer: FM:Interact includes a new floor plan viewer which is fast, intuitive, and requires no special installation.
- Extensibility Enhancements: FM:Interact users and business partners can now take advantage of extensibility enhancements that enable organizations to extend the out-of-the-box capabilities of the FM:Interact System including new functions for user-defined controls and actions on data forms.
- Improved BIM Integration: FM:Interact 8.2 provides customers with improved integration between the FM:Interact Workplace Management Suite and Autodesk® Revit®. This means building data can be made available to all stakeholders throughout the entire building lifecycle.
For more information visit http://fmsystems.com/products/
About FM:Systems, Inc.
Byconnecting people, place and process, FM:Systems helps facilities and real-estate professionals improve customer service, reduce costs and increase productivity enterprise-wide. FM:Systems Web-based software improves management of space, occupancy, moves, maintenance, leases and property.
Customer results include: real estate costs reduced by 15 percent, move spend reduced by 88 percent, enterprise productivity savings of $1.5 million and an internal customer satisfaction rate of 97 percent. Many of the world’s leading organizations rely on FM:Systems products, including CA Technologies, Devon Energy, FINRA, Freddie Mac, Herman Miller, Indiana University, Lockheed Martin, Northwestern University, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, and Target stores.
FM:Systems is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, and conductsbusiness in the Americas, Africa, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about FM:Systems, please visit http://www.fmsystems.com or call 1-800-648-8030.