CALGARY, AB [September 18, 2012] – Evoco Inc. (www.evoco.com), a leading provider of design and construction project management software announces the release of a whitepaper on Growth Forecasts and the Impact of Real Estate Technology.
The whitepaper was compiled through a survey of senior executives in leading North American retail companies and completed with Chain Store Age.
The key findings of the whitepaper include:
- Nearly unanimous endorsement for the use of real estate technology, with 70% of respondents saying technology is even more important now than it was 12 to 24 months ago;
- Regarding the impact of existing technology, 56% of respondents realized improvements in efficiency, 33% saw improvements in collaboration, and 27% noted lowered costs; and
- Rate of store growth was either holding steady (48%) or accelerating (34%), with forecasts for the next two years suggesting activity will continue to climb;
- Retailers with 1,000+ stores had the highest rate of growth compared with the last 12 months, and in 2012 these retailers plan to open and remodel the most stores; and
- Retailers with the largest footprint have the most aggressive remodeling plans.
“With 70% of retailers who responded to the survey stating they plan to open new stores in 2013, up from 63% opening new stores this year, the outlook for growth in the retail industry is clearly trending positive,” stated Alice Reimer, President, CEO & CO-Founder of Evoco.
“We sponsored this report to highlight the uptick in positive momentum with technology adoption while providing retailers with quantifiable data around which they could build growth strategies and ultimately make strategic decisions on their technology.”
To download a free copy of the whitepaper “Growth Forecasts and Impacts of Real Estate Technology”, please visit http://blog.evoco.com/retail-report—growth-forecasts-and-impacts-of-real-estate-technology
Established in 1999, Evoco enables multi-location businesses to manage their design and construction programs with construction project management software.
Evoco’s collaborative, cloud-based suite integrates with leading enterprise systems to streamline and automate business processes including construction bidding, change order management, document management, invoicing and construction and facility inspections, such as SWPPP and Facility Condition Assessments.
Evoco makes it easy to share information internally and externally for all design, construction and inspection information. Reporting and analytics give high volume retailers, restaurants and other businesses the information needed to make decisions and manage capital projects on time and on budget, with a view to better design and construction financial management.
For more information, visit www.evoco.com
About Chain Store Age
Founded in 1925, Chain Store Age is the industry’s leading publication serving retail headquarters executives. Utilizing both print and online channels, Chain Store reports on and analyzes retail trends and strategies, and also covers breaking news, across the full spectrum of the retail industry, doing so in print and online.
Chain Store Age is also the producer of the annual SPECS Conference, the premier event for store development and facilities professionals. For more information visit www.chainstoreage.com