Back in 2009 I have already predicted that we would see a consolidation of the industry, and hence acquisition season seems to have started.
Whether these acquisitions will be beneficial for the individual customer still has to been seen.
I personally think that every maturing industry eventually will be dominated by two or three players and this is happening right now in the IWMS Industry.
Acquisitions in the IWMS Industry
To refresh your memory find the list of ‘recent’ acquisitions below.
- Accruent by Vista Equity Partners
- Drawbase by IBM
- Intuit Real Estate Software by Vista Equity Partners
- TRIRIGA by IBM
- Site Alpha by Planon
- 360 Facility by Accruent
- Siterra by Accruent
- Bostonpost technology by MRI Software
- Vaultware by MRI software
- PeopleCube by Asure Software
- Bricsnet by Manhattan Software
- Skire by Oracle
So, what do you think of all these acquisitions in our industry? Is it a good thing? Or, not? And why?