Following a comprehensive analysis of the global market for integrated workplace management systems (IWMS), IBM TRIRIGA was positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems”1 by Gartner Inc.
According to Gartner, Leaders “have strength in applications and platform technology, demonstrate a high level of quality in product reliability and service, have strong operational and organizational capabilities and financial stability, have global reach and offer a strong vision of customer needs, reflected in a robust development road map.”
In its 2012 report, Gartner alerts executive management in finance, real estate, facilities management and IT that the IWMS market has matured rapidly and now enters a new phase of its development – characterized by displacement of first and second generation IWMS and other facilities management systems “with more robust of offerings to satisfy much deeper functionality requirements.”
The report also outlines current economic and regulatory factors that drive many organizations to examine and improve the management of their real estate and facilities across their enterprises:
- Major changes to global lease accounting rules that require robust real estate management, lease accounting and audit capabilities,
- Environmental sustainability objectives that require robust energy monitoring, carbon management and investment decision support, and
- Facility portfolio optimization that require “increasingly sophisticated strategic planning capabilities — to facilitate site identification, selection and development
According to Gartner, an effective IWMS system delivers five core “integrated” capabilities — real estate management, construction project management, facilities space management, maintenance management, and environmental sustainability — which it says “ideally operates off of a single database with common user interface (UI), workflow tools, executive dashboards and robust predefined and customized reporting capabilities.”
IBM TRIRIGA®, the latest version of IBM’s award-winning software, delivers a full suite of robust yet simple-to-use IWMS business and performance management applications including lease accounting and environmental sustainability for mid- to large-sized organizations, on a single technology platform and data repository with common user interface, workflow tools, process-based executive portals and pre-built reporting capabilities. This suite provides all of the five core application areas outlined in the 2012 Gartner IWMS report and more:
- IBM TRIRIGA Real Estate Manager: Real estate management software to accelerate preparedness with the new lease accounting standard and reduce occupancy costs
- IBM TRIRIGA Capital Project Manager: Enterprise project management software to improve capital project planning and accelerate project schedules
- IBM TRIRIGA Facilities Manager: Facilities management software to improve space planning and increase facility utilization.
- IBM TRIRIGA Workplace Operations Manager: Facilities maintenance software to improve energy efficiency and reduce the cost of maintenance services
- IBM TRIRIGA Real Estate Environmental Sustainability Impact Manager: Award-winning environmental sustainability software to help organizations achieve their environmental and energy reduction goals
- IBM TRIRIGA Application Builder: A suite of web-based, design-time components to build customer-specific configurations without changes to source code
- IBM TRIRIGA Connector: An industry standard XML-based integration software product to streamline information exchange between IBM TRIRIGA and third-party systems.
Click the link to receive your complimentary copy of the Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems” for 2012
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Workplace Management Systems” by Rob Schafer, May 31, 2012
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2012 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period.
It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant.
The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About IBM Smarter Buildings
Since launching its smarter buildings initiative in February 2010, IBM has created a portfolio of smarter buildings solutions that integrate with building automation software from across the industry.
IBM TRIRIGA — an IBM Smarter Buildings solution — delivers the industry’s most advanced capabilities such as configurable workflow and performance analytics engines to reduce operating costs, increase return on assets and achieve sustainability goals for mid- and large-sized commercial and public enterprises, including more than one-third of the Fortune 100.
For more information, visit ibm.com/smarterbuildings